Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How-to: Plaster Hand Model...Why didn't I think of that?

I know a lot of people who make jewelry, who sell jewelry, who collect it and who wear it. That covers just about everyone, doesn't it?

So how cool is this simple idea? I found it on a site that wasn't in English, but using Google Translate, you can get the gist of it.

By doing this with plaster of Paris, 


You can make one of these:





From the translated instructions it appears that you need to cut a hole in a piece of wood, from which to suspend the glove upside down for filling and curing.

I'd make sure to smooth the top really well since your hand will be sitting flat on the wrist area.

Then you cut the glove off the form after it's cured.

Head over to the original post and if you can speak that language, you'll get the instructions straight from the horse's mouth.


http://bepunt.blogspot.com.es/search?updated-max=2012-07-16T16:14:00%2B02:00&max-results=7

Even if you can't there's still a lot more pictures to see. You know what they say about pictures... don't make me type all those words to tell you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! This looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if you could take it a step further and make a silicone cast of your hand to use as the mold. That would be even more realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave your thoughts about my blog post. Your comment will show after I have given it the once over checking for spam. Spam adds nothing to the conversation, nor does it add anything to a gourmet meal.

Once I'm certain it's spam free, it'll go live and your words will live in infamy. :)

Thanks for playing along.