Thursday, July 18, 2013

For the Love of Handbags

Some loves are timeless, knowing no beginning, foreseeing no end.

Sing it, Whitney:

If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I'll go, but I know
I'll think of you every step of the way.
And I will always love you.
I will always love you. 

There I go getting all sentimental... or at least mental.

Today I'm sharing with you my timeless love for a good handbag. 

Starting back in the late.... um....80s yeah, that'll work...(heh) when I was just a little kid, I really loved handbags and dress up. I can't imagine my mom ever wore this sheer number but if she did I'm sure she had on a slip as was customary back in the sixt- oops, er. I mean eighties...
Playing dress up with one of my many purses. <3
Easter Sunday with our bonnets and purses.

Possibly my first ever "squee!" face and I'm sure it was due to handbag joy.


Pretty sure this was the first time I ever saw a purse up close.

So there you have it, my friends. While the ability to make them is a new found joy; the obsession goes back a long ways. However, there was a dry spell of about 20 years where I just carried my money and ID in my back pocket. I was always forgetting a bag if I carried one, so I opted to travel light.

Then something happened one day and I met the most amazing purse and I wondered how I could ever have turned my back on something I'd love so long.

Now I make them and sell them and am literally being overrun by them.

Oh, did I mention I have some for sale? Check them out on http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovemetwiceboutique

Or, get it a little cheaper by shopping right from my facebook page. Just comment on something you see in the photo album and tell me you want it. Everything is roughly $2 cheaper that way since we don't have any fees to worry about.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave your thoughts about my blog post. Your comment will show after I have given it the once over checking for spam. Spam adds nothing to the conversation, nor does it add anything to a gourmet meal.

Once I'm certain it's spam free, it'll go live and your words will live in infamy. :)

Thanks for playing along.