Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Checks, Ruffles and Bow Bag

Here's my latest creation. I am just in LOVE with this sweet pea of a bag. It's a medium sized shoulder bag with magnetic snap closure, ruffled top and 2 slip pockets on the inside for organization.

The story behind this bag is that it came from the joining of two previously loved shirts.A green and blue checked men's button up short sleeved shirt, and a ladies fitted summer top with spaghetti straps. Both were purchased at the Humane Society Thrift Store here locally in what was a bag-stuffing frenzy. They had a "stuff the bag" sale where they gave you a 13 gallon trash bag (tall kitchen) and whatever clothes you could stuff into it ended up $7 for the whole sha-bang. If you got 2 bags they were $10 -- another $2 off per bag! -- so naturally I have 6 13 gal. bags of clothes waiting to be "loved twice". :)

I really had fun with this. I found a bow tutorial on the internet. I'd link to it but I don't remember where that was as I started this over a month ago and the project got set aside due to a family emergency.

Here's the finished product. If you are interested, it's for sale! $35 plus shipping. Leave a comment or contact me at signsintime (at) gmail (dot) com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave your thoughts about my blog post. Your comment will show after I have given it the once over checking for spam. Spam adds nothing to the conversation, nor does it add anything to a gourmet meal.

Once I'm certain it's spam free, it'll go live and your words will live in infamy. :)

Thanks for playing along.